Sromik Jigyasha is an interactive mobile application, developed and launched in February 2018, by Bangladesh Legal Aid and Services Trust (BLAST) and supported by C&A Foundation. Useable on android phones and available on Google Play Store in both English and Bangla, it provides access to 1168 different legal advices, which includes, but is not limited to, information/remedies under labour laws of Bangladesh especially designed to assist RMG workers, labour-intensive workers and professionals in factory management along with others.
In addition to the above, it features the following types of services below:
- Immediate legal help through BLAST helpline
- Lawyers’ advice and service from BLAST through live messaging
- Knowledge on legal remedies through available legal information, especially on the labour law and High Court guidelines on protection from sexual harassment at workplace/violence against women
- Legal service and health service, as well as information and contacts of different service providing organisations for women and children.
Types of services available in the app
From anywhere in Bangladesh (surely people from anywhere can send the message, not only in Bangladesh) individuals can seek:
- Lawyer’s advice and service from BLAST through app to app messaging
- Knowledge on legal remedies through available legal information especially on BD Labour law
- The Infectious Diseases (Prevention, Control and Eradication) Act 2018 and information on prevention of COVID19- Corona virus infection
- Legal service and health service, as well as information and contacts of different organisations providing emergency services to women and children
- Immediate legal advice through the BLAST helpline
- Help button to seek help from close relative, friend, colleague in emergency situation
- Calculating overtime wages of RMG workers and maternity benefit of women workers